Publications and Edited Works
- Kennedy, D. (2015). Internet usability and relevance: Promoting digital inclusion with Consumer.gov. In I. Van de Craats & J. J. Kurvers (Eds.), Low-Educated Second Language and Literacy Acquisition: Proceedings of the 10th Symposium. Nijmegen, Netherlands: Centre for Language Studies.
- Kennedy, D., & Hansen, C. (2014). Developing professional language proficiency and analytical skills for the federal workforce. In T. Brown & J. Bown, Eds., To advanced proficiency and beyond: Theory and methods for developing superior second-language ability. Washington, DC: Georgetown University Press.
- Leach, J., Kennedy, D., & Burt, M. (2014, summer). Consumer resources for clients with limited literacy. Clearinghouse Review Journal of Poverty Law and Policy. http://povertylaw.org/clearinghouse
- Burt, M., Kennedy, D., & Leach, J. (2013, August). Materials that help adults with low literacy avoid fraud: Free digital and video resources. TESOL Video News (interest section e-newsletter).
- Kennedy, D. (2003-2005). The essentials of language teaching (a professional development website for university-level language instructors). Washington, DC: National Capital Language Resource Center.
- Friedenberg, J., Kennedy, D., Lomperis, A., Martin, W., & Westerfield, K. (2003). Effective practices in workplace language training. Alexandria, VA: Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Kennedy, D. (1999, May–June). The importance of associations for ESL professionals. ESL Magazine.
- Christison, M., & Kennedy, D. (1999). Multiple intelligences: Theory and practice in adult ESL. ERIC Digest.
- Ibrahim, Z., & Kennedy, D. (1996). Figurative language in the speech patterns of Egyptians and Americans. In A. Elgibali (Ed.), Understanding Arabic (181-209). Cairo: AUC Press.
Works Edited (Selected)
- Sternberg, D. (2008). Fearless fundraising for nonprofit boards (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: BoardSource.
- Kurtz, D. L., & Paul, S. E. (2006). Managing conflicts of interest. Washington, DC: BoardSource.
- Vogel, B. H., & Quatt, C. W. (2005). Dollars and sense: The nonprofit board’s guide to determining chief executive compensation. Washington, DC: BoardSource.
- Center for Applied Linguistics Cultural Orientation Resource Center. (2004). Welcome to the United States: A guidebook for refugees (3rd ed.). Washington, DC.
- Maloof, P. S., & Ross-Sheriff, F. (2003). Muslim refugees in the United States: A guide for service providers. Washington, DC: Center for Applied Linguistics.
- Crandall, J., & Kaufman, D. (2002). Content-based instruction in higher education settings. Alexandria, VA: Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- Marshall, B. (2002). Preparing for success: A guide for teaching adult English language learners. Washington, DC: Center for Applied Linguistics/Delta Systems.
- Dutcher, N. (2001). Expanding educational opportunity in linguistically diverse societies. Washington, DC: Center for Applied Linguistics.